Christian Homeschool Co-op - Villa Park, IL
Top 10 reasons why we love HSK:
1. The Members! Come and meet them for yourself!
2. Mom's Hour! This hour is designed to help members refuel. Each week we discuss a homeschool help topic. Members support each other with encouragement and advice.
3. Active Group Classes! Gym classes full of playing games and learning sports basics. Karate and Ballet group lessons are available from skilled independent instructors!
4. Art Classes! HSK offers a variety of art mediums and all the cleanup to go with it! It's a fun group class to enjoy with friends.
5. Hands-on Science Classes! Students enjoy learning with a variety of hands-on experiments, games, videos, and lapbooks.
6. Private Lessons for Piano and Guitar! Affordable and quality instruction brought to you! Both instructors offer more than 20 years experience!
7. Specialty Independent Instructor Classes! Your student can master Robotics, Programming, and Electrical Engineering!
8. Family Community! We would like to be a 'small-group' network of friends that understands your unique challenges, needs, and values.
9. HSK Fills the Gap! Homeschooled students won't miss out on any of the school perks: Graduation, Yearbook, Individual Pictures, Parties, Group Activities, Classroom Environment, Changing Classes, Field Trips, and Friends to see every week!
10. Perfect Schedule and Location! We all look forward to Fridays after working hard all week long. Holidays are off with a big Thanksgiving-Christmas break and Summer break. Villa Park is centrally located with quick access from I-290, I-294, I-355, I-88, Rt. 83, Rt. 64, Rt. 38.
Please contact us to schedule a visit!
Our Members: Each group has their own personality. Our members make HSK great! They are friendly, sincere, helpful, and understanding. Homeschooling, parenting, and married life can all be wonderful but often is also challenging. We aim to be a family community that cares & uplifts each other. Please visit our Friday co-op or attend some of our outings to meet our members. We hope you feel welcome and join our membership.
All-Encompassing: One of the biggest benefits of our Friday co-op is that there is something for everyone. All of your children can have a group of friends they see every week and an activity each hour. Moms also have the opportunity to connect with other homeschooling moms. Homeschool Kingdom serves as both a co-op and support group.
Classes: Every semester you can count on the consistent classes (gym, art, science, nursery, Karate, Ballet, Piano, Guitar, Robotics) to always be offered for each age group. In addition to those classes, variable classes are offered too! Fantastic independent instructor* classes are all offered in one building at HSK!
Here to help: Homeschool Kingdom is here to help you on your homeschooling journey. We offer our best personal advice and connect you with organizations that we highly recommend. HSK offers an Illinois Christian Home Educator conference discount and Home School Legal Defense Action membership discount. We love: www.iche.org & www.hslda.org
Picture Day: Even homeschool students can have school pictures! We set up professional background and lighting. You are able to print your own professional looking photos.
Yearbook: Be sure to capture those fun moments! HSK offers its own group yearbook.
Graduation: 8th grade and Senior High students can have an official cap and gown
graduation ceremony at the end of our spring semester.
Valentine’s Day Party: We give you the option to participate in a Valentine exchange.
Grandparents: Grandma and Grandpa are always welcome anytime to come and visit class. Let those proud grandparents share in your child’s experience. We offer a dedicated Grandparents Day each year. HSK provides beverages and treats to honor grandparents that day.
Project Fair: We have a project fair at the end of each semester in November and May. This allows the students to showcase their work from home and present it to extended family members.
Fall End of Semester Party: We have a 30-minute presentation in the sanctuary with performances and awards from our independent instructors*. Then we have an open house for you to see the HSK class displays as you enjoy some refreshments. This is a perfect event to invite your extended family members.
Winter End of Semester Party: We have an open-house with refreshments and fun featuring a Project Fair! Show off some of your favorite research from what you are learning at home! This is a perfect event to invite your extended family members.
Spring End of Year Party: The 8th grade and Senior High Graduation Ceremony is in the sanctuary. Then we have an open house for you to see the HSK class discplays, and Graduate displays while you enjoy some refreshments. This is a perfect event to invite your extended family members. Families pick up Homeschool Kingdom yearbooks.
Field Trips, Park Days, Mom's Night Out, Dad Outings, Date Nights, and Family Outings: We schedule several optional opportunities for the HSK families to connect and have fun at various locations. These are coordinated with our regular coop schedule so we don’t overwhelm your calendar. Some events are educational others are fun. Contact us to receive information about our
*All Independent Instuctors and Babysitters are independent contractors. Homeschool Kingdom does not have any employees.